The demographics of our Advisees 👩🏾🧒🏻👧🏿🧑🏼
The Advisees are all young women or gender non-binary students in high school or college (15-22 years old). Our community is racially and socioeconomically diverse so each of your 3 Advisees will most likely be very different from one another. Some know exactly what they want to pursue career wise, and others may have no idea. WAVE sets out to educate girls on the various opportunities available to them.
We've done some research and have identified 3 personas that our BUILT BY GIRLS Advisees generally fall into. While we don't classify them ahead of time (for now), you will definitely be able to start seeing your Advisee fall into one of these categories. We find our girls are pretty divided between the 3 too. Pretty cool, huh?
This girl is ready to take on the world and make it a better place...through code. She wants to polish her technical skills and get experience building a product so that she can make her business goals come true.
- Skews towards high school girls
- They are idealistic and ambitious
- They’ve heard why women and girls aren’t in tech, and are ready to be that change (with our help)
- Tend to have existing technical skills (coding)
There are so many career options out there, and while this girl knows she needs to be smart about her next moves, she wants to know her options before diving in deep. She is ready to meet people and absorb, and she knows there is so much more to learn.
- Evenly spread across college and high school young women
- Don’t have concrete coding or product goals
- Open-minded and ready to make personal connections
Planning for her future is top of mind for this girl. She works hard to curate her educational and career path and is looking for the secrets to getting her dream job.
- Skews towards college-aged young women
- Practical and focused
- Looking for the secrets to building her degree and resume
- Collecting classes and skills to make herself marketable
Check this video to here from an actual WAVE match 👆🏽