At #BUILTBYGIRLS we prepare you for your first job in tech, but what does that even mean? A job in tech is many things whether it may be coding, design, entrepreneurship, marketing, product management, or data analytics. It takes a big team to make all those apps on your phone exist. #BUILTBYGIRLS is here to help expose you to the variety of careers in tech, help you build valuable skills, and finally start your first network of professionals.
Does any of that sound interesting you? You could just be curious about any of these jobs. Sign up to find out more about why it's so exciting to have a career in tech.
Through WAVE, you will have the opportunity to connect with Advisors not only from areas that you are interested in, but in addition to career paths that may be new to you. WAVE will provide you the foundation to grow and acquire skills, develop a lasting tech network, and expose you to different tech career paths.
And don't worry, you're in good company, here are the types of girls who sign up for WAVE:
This girl is ready to take on the world and make it a better place...through code. She wants to polish her technical skills and get experience building a product so that she can make her business goals come true.
- Skews towards high school girls
- They are idealistic and ambitious
- They’ve heard why women and girls aren’t in tech, and are ready to be that change (with our help)
- Tend to have existing technical skills (coding)
There are so many career options out there, and while this girl knows she needs to be smart about her next moves, she wants to know her options before diving in deep. She is ready to meet people and absorb, and she knows there is so much more to learn.
- Evenly spread across college and high school young women
- Don’t have concrete coding or product goals
- Open-minded and ready to make personal connections
Planning for her future is top of mind for this girl. She works hard to curate her educational and career path and is looking for the secrets to getting her dream job.
- Skews towards college-aged young women
- Practical and focused
- Looking for the secrets to building her degree and resume
- Collecting classes and skills to make herself marketable
Want to know more about where we offer WAVE? Check out this article 👉🏾